Battle Frontier is a turn-based artillery game where two teams face each-other over a fully-destructible terrain and try to knock each other out (either by damaging or by overthrowing) until only one side is standing. To do that, they must aim their shots accurately by calculating the initial speed and angle the projectile needs in order for its trajectory to hit nothing but their target, all that while accounting for the wind, gravity and other player’s abilities. Strategy is key, communication is essential, but explosions are just a lot of fun. So, do you have what it takes to rule the Battle Frontier?
An ever-exponentially-growing number of different loadouts will ensure not only that your gameplay feels right to you, but that you don’t always know what to expect from your enemies!
- Classes: 4 completely different roles can be played strategically to ensure victory upon even the toughest enemies. Be you a Medic, Tank, Shooter or Digger, your team will be relying upon you to be as awesome as we know you are! Each class also comes with their own skills and abilities and a specific damage type, creating even more possibilities
- Skills: There are 3 slots plus 1 slot for your special ability. You can put whichever combination of skills you want in them! Furthermore, higher slot numbers cause your shots to have more power and higher costs. Pick them wisely, use them effectively!
- Equipment: Changing your base stats can be a highly effective way to make your unique playstyle work best and ensure victory over your enemies. However, be aware that you can never increase any stat without decreasing another in return. This balanced system ensures NO PAY-TO-WIN will ever be possible! Since no player can be directly stronger than another, may the best team win!
- Consumables: 6 slots, endless possibilities. In need of healing, some extra damage, or even greater mobility? Consumable Items are what you’re looking for! Picking the right combination to fit the situations you are expecting will make the game a lot more fun and rewarding. Not only that, some items will even have different versions with higher effect at the cost of more slots! There’s no telling how powerful you’re going to be on the battlefield!
- Cosmetic Skins: Change the way you look every time you feel like it, simply by selection a new and awesome skin! Even those expensive skins you don’t want to spend money on can be obtained in-game through events, drop boxes or even player-to-player trading!
- Fully-Destructible: The environment responds to the laws of physics like no other game of this kind. If you break the ground and a piece is disconnected, it will fall, along with any players standing on top of it. Furthermore, Fall Damage will be applied not only to falling players, but also to players who were hit by falling objects!
- Interactive: Every single one of our maps interact with the player and/or environment in unique and interesting ways. Be it a clock on the background that you have made stop by breaking one of its gears, or a wind-shield that will now make the game way harder for your enemies, using the map is not only fun but also highly strategic!
- Satellites: One of your team’s most valuable resources. Manipulating the wind, affecting gravity or even causing a blast on your opponent’s terrain can greatly swift the odds in your favor! Their availability is however very limited and also varies according to each map, preventing them from becoming “overpowered”.
- Anti-Cheat: Our system was built from the ground-up to ensure minimal possibilities for cheating. Players are simply not allowed to issue commands that aren’t expected in our very strict protocol. We expect this to make any game-breaking kind of cheating not possible. And if that’s not enough, reporting a player during a match will flag it for recording and analysis (including network activity), ensuring we can protect the game from cheaters as fast and effectively as possible. And of course VAC (Valve Anti-Cheat) will also be active and giving you the extra layer of protection you’ve grown to trust.
- Steam Trading Cards: The full package with backgrounds and emojis will be available at release for you and your friends to have more fun and rewards even outside of the game!
- Steam Achievements: Win ALL the things! Not too many to be undoable, not too few to be unchallenging, our achievements are meant for all players to be able to complete, while still giving them what to work for.
- Community: Friends and Guilds will be available at launch for you to either play with your old friends or find new ones! Every game is a lot more fun with nice people to play with!
- Steam Market: Even though every single item in the game can be obtained purely by playing, we think players would enjoy the option to trade with each other using this amazing system Valve came up with, allowing you to even profit from our game!
- Competitive Mode: As an option for our most experienced players we feel Ranked Matches would be a great addition. We even have a large portion of the system thought-out, but our biggest setback is that we need to ensure its cheat-free and fair.
- Matchmaking: This is one of the hardest systems match-based online games need, and therefore one of the most consuming to build. Since we truly believe balanced teams are one of the key aspects to have fun, this is one plan we really want to achieve.
- Team VOIP: Using Steam’s VOIP System (the same used in L4D and CS:GO) we intend to allow players to communicate with their team to discuss their strategies or even just have some fun. This will of course be easily disabled via in-game settings, and white/black lists (a.k.a. mute buttons) will also be available.
- Mobile App Integration: How awesome would it be to see real-time statistics about your ongoing game in your mobile phone, browse the shop and change your loadout at any time, or even chat with your friends from anywhere? Well, hopefully we’ll find out!
- Razer Chroma Integration: Have your whole keyboard light up to match exactly what’s going on in-game! Health bars, available items, ultimate cooldown… It would be legendary!